Honest Kitchen Dog Food Recall! Feb 21, 2013by Ruby M 0
The Honest Kitchen® Voluntarily Recalls Limited Lots Of Verve®, Zeal®And Thrive® Products Due To Possible Health Risk
Article Direct from FDA website:
"FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - February 21, 2013 - The Honest Kitchen today announced that it is voluntarily recalling five lots of its Verve, Zeal and Thrive pet food products produced between August and November 2012 and sold nationwide in the US and Canada via retail stores, mail order and online after August 2012 because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. No other Honest Kitchen batches, production dates or products are affected.
Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.
Animals with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some animals will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Infected but otherwise healthy animals can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If your animals have consumed the recalled product and have these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.
The Company is taking this action after learning that one of its raw ingredients suppliers has recalled a batch of human-grade parsley that may contain Salmonella. The batch of parsley was shipped to the Company in 2012 and used in the production of five lots of finished Honest Kitchen products.
The Honest Kitchen regularly tests for Salmonella and other pathogens as part of its quality control process and has not received to date any reports of illness associated with these lots of products. Nonetheless, the Company is proceeding with this action in order to ensure the full safety and quality of its products.
"We are committed to providing the highest-quality human-grade food available to our customers’ pets," said Lucy Postins, founder, CEO and CMO of The Honest Kitchen. "While our quality control tests did not find evidence of Salmonella in any of our finished products, we are accountable for everything we make, and are taking precautionary action to ensure the safety and integrity of our products."
The lots being recalled are:
|Item Code||Product Name||Production Date||Expiration Date||Size||Lot Number|
|V4 + VR||VERVE||8/20/12||8/20/13||
4 lb. box,10 lb. box
|2332A (batches 1-3)|
|VR||VERVE||11/1/12||11/1/13||10 lb. box||3062A (batches 8 & 9)|
|TM||THRIVE||9/18/12||9/18/13||1 oz. sample||2622A (batch 3)|
|Z4 + ZR||ZEAL||8/14/12||8/14/13||
4 lb. box,10 lb. box
|2272A (batches 1–5)|
|ZR||ZEAL||9/21/12||9/21/13||10 lb. box||2652A (batches 1–4)|
Consumers who purchased the above lots of Honest Kitchen Verve, Zeal or Thrive products should stop feeding the products to their pets, remove the UPC (bar code) and lot code from the packaging, and discard the contents in a covered trash receptacle. Lot codes are located on the top of product boxes either adjacent to or opposite the UPC.
Consumers can receive a replacement or full refund of the MSRP of the affected products plus $1 to cover postage, by mailing the UPC and lot code along with a completedReimbursement Form to The Honest Kitchen, 145 14th Street, San Diego, Calif. 92101, Attn: Reimbursements. All refunds will be processed within five business days (plus postage time).
The Honest Kitchen products use human-food grade ingredients. The Company’s products are made in a human food facility and held to the same high quality control standards as human food products. Employees taste products as part of the quality control and research & development processes.
To supplement its quality control processes while maintaining its commitment to gentle processing that protects natural nutrients, The Honest Kitchen is enacting additional procedures:
- All dehydrated leafy greens will be steamed, to further protect against the possibility of Salmonella and other pathogens;
- All leafy greens will receive a second test for pathogens after arrival at the Company’s manufacturing facility, in addition to the testing conducted internally by suppliers;
- The Company has discontinued its relationship with the supplier who provided the parsley used in the production of the lots being recalled.
For questions or more information, contact The Honest Kitchen by phone at 1-866-437-9729 or email at email@example.com. Customer service representatives will be available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. PST to respond to inquiries.
No Comments Yet
Like Us On Facebook
- Adopt Hurricane Sandy Dogs & cats
- Best Dog Jackets
- Charles the Monarch Labradoodle
- Chicken Jerky Treats Made in China Kill Dogs
- Comfort Dogs in Newtown Connecticut
- Cypress Inn
- Death Cap Mushroom kills dogs
- Destroying Angel Mushrooms kill dogs
- Disposable vs. Durable dog beds
- Dog Bed Buyers Guide
- Dog Books
- Dog Car Seat Covers
- Dog Food Recall
- Dog Food Recalls
- Dog Friendly Beaches Bay Area
- Dog Rain Jacket
- Dog Rehabilitation
- Dog Soft Air Travel Carriers
- Dog Therapy
- Dog Treat Recall Feb 19 2013
- Dog Treat Recalls
- Dog Treat Recipe
- Dogs Laws - Is it Illegal to leave your dog in a Hot car
- Donate Oxygen Masks for Dogs to your fire department
- Finding the Best Pet Sitters
- Fleece Dog Jacket
- Free Shipping
- Hand Beaded Dog Collars
- Happy Aloha Friday from Big Wags! Sunbrilla Australian Sun Shade
- Honest Kitchen Dog FOOD Recall
- How to find the Best Pet Sitter
- Iams dog treat recall
- Innova Evo California Natural Healthwise Karma Mother Nature Foods Dog Food Recall June 2013
- Jones Natural chews Woofer Dog Treat Recall
- K9 Comfort.org
- K9 Parish Comfort Dogs
- K9 Parish Lutheran Charities
- Kenyan Maasai Dog Collar
- Legal Zoom Pet Trust
- Love Therapy Dogs
- Mushroom Toxicity and Dogs
- Non-drug anxiety relief for dogs and cats
- Nutri-Vet Dog Jerky Recall
- Organic Cotton Dog Bed
- Orthopedic dog
- Pet Sitters International
- Pet Trust
- Positive Reinforcement Dog Treat Training-Treat Toobs
- Puppy Bowl 2013
- Rachel Counts
- Ruby and Moose
- Ruff Wear Web Master Harness
- Senior Dog
- States that make it Illegal to leave a dog in a hot car
- Theo and Beau
- Top quality Dog beds
- Top Rated Winter Dog Jacket
- Training People
- Waterproof Dog Jacket
- Winter Dog Jacket Buyer's Guide
- Yappy Hour