Search and Rescue Dog Treat Recipe: "High Value" Dog Treatsby Ruby M 0
Search and Rescue Dogs Love these! Now we are sharing the easy recipe with you!
Ever wonder what's in your dog treats?
So do we!
Enjoy this easy to make home made dog treat recipe that will leave your pup drooling for more.
We were given this dog treat recipe by a woman who trains search and rescue dogs.
I had commented to her that my dog was no longer responding to treats during our training sessions.
She explained that I needed a "Higher Value" dog treat. She uses this recipe to be sure the dogs she trains stay motivated as they learn increasingly complex commands.
We love this recipe because it is healthy and affordable. Dogs love it because it is really tasty.
- 12 oz Hebrew National Kosher Hot Dogs
- 3+ Cups of your Dog's Food
- Jelly Roll (sided Baking Sheet)
- Parchment Paper
Baking Time & Temperature:
- 200 Degrees
- 1.5 Hrs
- Store in the Refrigerator
Cut into bite size rounds or 1/4s & Bake on a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with sides.
Before you bake ...Mix in your dogs kibble so the juices soak into the kibble.
Bake slowly at about 200 degrees until they look like a lot of the juices have dried out.
The Hot dogs will look a little like jerky.
Not only does this help recipe help you through some of the common training hurdles but also gives you a high value and cost effective treat.
Most importantly, you know exactly what your treats are made of.
The only drawback is your hands smell like hot dogs! Ha!
Like us on Facebook
Pin us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
* Big Wags assumes no liabililty for this recipe. See our terms of services for additional details.
No Comments Yet
Like Us On Facebook
- Adopt Hurricane Sandy Dogs & cats
- Best Dog Jackets
- Charles the Monarch Labradoodle
- Chicken Jerky Treats Made in China Kill Dogs
- Comfort Dogs in Newtown Connecticut
- Cypress Inn
- Death Cap Mushroom kills dogs
- Destroying Angel Mushrooms kill dogs
- Disposable vs. Durable dog beds
- Dog Bed Buyers Guide
- Dog Books
- Dog Car Seat Covers
- Dog Food Recall
- Dog Food Recalls
- Dog Friendly Beaches Bay Area
- Dog Rain Jacket
- Dog Rehabilitation
- Dog Soft Air Travel Carriers
- Dog Therapy
- Dog Treat Recall Feb 19 2013
- Dog Treat Recalls
- Dog Treat Recipe
- Dogs Laws - Is it Illegal to leave your dog in a Hot car
- Donate Oxygen Masks for Dogs to your fire department
- Finding the Best Pet Sitters
- Fleece Dog Jacket
- Free Shipping
- Hand Beaded Dog Collars
- Happy Aloha Friday from Big Wags! Sunbrilla Australian Sun Shade
- Honest Kitchen Dog FOOD Recall
- How to find the Best Pet Sitter
- Iams dog treat recall
- Innova Evo California Natural Healthwise Karma Mother Nature Foods Dog Food Recall June 2013
- Jones Natural chews Woofer Dog Treat Recall
- K9 Comfort.org
- K9 Parish Comfort Dogs
- K9 Parish Lutheran Charities
- Kenyan Maasai Dog Collar
- Legal Zoom Pet Trust
- Love Therapy Dogs
- Mushroom Toxicity and Dogs
- Non-drug anxiety relief for dogs and cats
- Nutri-Vet Dog Jerky Recall
- Organic Cotton Dog Bed
- Orthopedic dog
- Pet Sitters International
- Pet Trust
- Positive Reinforcement Dog Treat Training-Treat Toobs
- Puppy Bowl 2013
- Rachel Counts
- Ruby and Moose
- Ruff Wear Web Master Harness
- Senior Dog
- States that make it Illegal to leave a dog in a hot car
- Theo and Beau
- Top quality Dog beds
- Top Rated Winter Dog Jacket
- Training People
- Waterproof Dog Jacket
- Winter Dog Jacket Buyer's Guide
- Yappy Hour